If we haven’t met you yet, then nice to meet you and welcome! For those of you who have been referred to us, we thank those special people who led you to us.
How does it work?
Masters Touch Design Build has developed a thoughtful and efficient process for us to determine if working together is a good fit. Most design build projects require two face-to-face meetings, each with a clear purpose and a well-defined agenda that clearly outlines the exact process.
Our best recommendation for success is that we will meet with you after you have done all of your due diligence, met with other companies, and received all of your other proposals. We know….this is different than what you have heard before.
This will enable you to make a better, well-informed decision on either our first or second meeting!
The Masters Touch Process:
- Once you have requested a meeting through our website or by calling, our office team will call you to gather some additional information: type of project, dates preferred for construction, investment range, and some basic information about your home.
- Our office team will also schedule two meetings. The first meeting will take place at your home and the second meeting will take place at our showroom, where we will review our professional recommendation for your project. Success Tip: both meetings should be after you have received all your other proposals!
- After the meetings are booked, your project development expert will call you to further discuss your project and where you are in your journey.
- Last, but not least, an email confirmation from our office team will be on your way for both meetings along with an email from the project development expert reviewing your call and the agenda for the first meeting.
- The process begins!
What happens on the first meeting?
- The first meeting takes place at your home for 1-2 hours depending on the type and complexity of the project. Success Tip: this first meeting (and all meetings) should always include any decision makers or people involved in the project. ! This will ensure that if we decide to collaborate, everyone is on the same page before we start the project development process or construction. We highly advise to hold off scheduling this important first meeting until everyone involved can be present.
- Project development experts are available business hours on weekdays, and sometimes on Saturday mornings. Success Tip: Saturdays fill up fast, book well in advance!
- The purpose of the first meeting is to determine if we all agree we would like to collaborate. There are two possible outcomes at this meeting. The first outcome is that we agree that it is not a good fit and decide not to move forward with a second meeting, which is totally ok! We can always pick up where we left off, work together in the future, and continue to be amicable if we run into each other around town! The second outcome is that we agree that we want to collaborate on the project and agree on a budget range including timing of the project. Success Tip: Please be ready to share with us the investment you are willing to make for this type of project and also the time frame you have in mind! If you don’t know what the investment level you are willing to make is, think about what you aren’t willing to invest.
- If we decide to collaborate, your project development expert will then prepare a recommendation to review together at our second meeting. If we decide not to move forward we’ll cancel the second meeting.
What happens on the second meeting?
- The second meeting usually takes place in our showroom in Holliston and takes about 60 to 90 minutes. Success Tip: Please make sure any and all decision makers are present for this meeting!
- During this meeting, your project development expert will review our thorough and detailed recommendation for your project that will include a preliminary scope of work including the investment and timing of the work. In some cases, this recommendation might also include some allowances for your project, meaning items such as windows, doors, cabinets, counters, flooring, etc.
- During this meeting you will get a full tour of our showroom, and a thorough review of our project planning process and communication systems.
- At the end of this meeting, there are two possible outcomes. The first outcome is that you may decide you don’t want to move forward and collaborate with us, which is perfectly fine! The second outcome is that you would like to hire us. If that’s the case, you will sign a retainer and you submit a 10% deposit check. Success Tip: Please bring a check with you!
- No matter what, we will always leave you in a great place. We hope that as you go through our process you would also be willing to refer us to any friends, family, or coworkers that might be a good fit!